What is Collagen?
Collagen makes up over 70% of protein found in your skin. It keeps skin plump and resilient, youthful and wrinkle free. It's also vital to skin's healing process. It's the scaffolding to your skin's building site. Collagen tells your skin builders what to do. It gives your skin strength and structure.
What Destroys Collagen?
1. UVA light ages and degrades your skins collagen and speeds up aging. UVA is the same strength in winter and summer.
2. Exposure to free radicals in the environment, such as pollution and sun exposure.
3. Smoking destroys collagen and elastin and decreases estrogen, all which helps keep skin firm.
4. Dehydration leads to oxidative stress, which produces free radicals. Without moisture, the skin isn’t able to repair itself and suffers even more damage. Ensure your collagen is safe by using a moisturizer that infuses skin with moisture while strengthening the skin’s barrier to keep moisture in the skin.
5. Constant squinting into the sun causes wrinkles around the eyes and crows feet, damaging the collagen in the skin around your delicate eye area.
How Do You Protect Your Skin's Collagen and Reduce Wrinkles?
1. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen every day. Even on cloudy days UV rays pass through clouds.
2. Start using a vitamin C serum in the morning. Vitamin C is an antioxidant which neutralizes damaging free radicals and stimulates collagen while protecting it.
3. Add Retinol to your evening skincare regime. Retinol increased levels of collagen and reduces wrinkles.
4. Get an eTwo laser facial. An eTwo laser facial combines the use of Sublative and Sublime laser applications which produce incredible results with minimal downtime. The eTwo causes microscopic, controlled "injuries" in the collagen layer, which the body repairs by making new collagen.
More information can be found here: eTwo Complete Facial Rejuvenation
5. Juvéderm is an injectable Hyaluronic Acid filler. Research shows that along with plumping wrinkles from below, it also has an effect on skin's own collagen-making cells. Skin cells are smart, when you inject fillers, they think, OK, this is how skin is structured now, let's produce more collagen to keep up.
Evolution Medical Spa is the leader in the skincare industry providing the most advanced, award-winning technology and medical grade skincare line.
Our focus is based on a personal approach, helping to educate and properly guide each of our patients towards achieving and maintaining healthy skin.
We know aging is a fact of life, but looking your age doesn't have to be.
Evolution Medical Spa
51850 Dequindre Rd. Suite #3. Shelby Twp. Michigan 48316